How Do You Get a Top Rank On Google Maps?
There are unlimited options in setting your business brand when you are online.
Utilizing Google Maps continues to be a popular option for many business owners.
It’s a free service that boosts marketing for all businesses and it gives you the chance to reach out to new and existing customers, to increase and boost sales, and even to get ahead of your competition.
But not everyone on Google Maps gets the best visibility just because they are on it.
There are ways on how to rank higher on Google Maps you can use today.
What Can Your Google Maps and Google My Business Ranking Do For You?
Let’s let the surveys do the talking.
67 percent of people using navigation apps prefer Google Maps rather than others.
According to Moz, 70 percent of people who use smartphones always use their Google Maps.
Even Google themselves have said that 83 percent of people who plan to go to any physical store search online first.
More and more people search for “store near me” and about 80 percent of them really do go to stores or contact businesses.
Having your business online and on local Google searches will help you get your business’ name out there.
Once you rank high in Google Maps, you are sure to rank high in Google searches as well.
This means more customers and more profit. Who does not want that?
How Do I Get noticed on Google Maps? Set Up Your Google My Business First
Before making waves in Google Maps, you would need to have a Google My Business profile set up.
Google My Business or GMB is another free service that will help businesses to have a “profile” that is shown across many Google services like Google Maps.
Here is a step by step process on how to set up your GMB profile:
- Begin by going to Google My Business. You would need to be logged in to your Google account. Click on the “Manage now” button.
- You will create a listing for your business profile. Start with your business name and other important business information.
- Take note that for your business name, make sure you use a name that you use for all of your social media accounts and listing.
- For addresses, try to use complete terms like street instead of St. or drive instead of Dr.
- It would also help if you are familiar with Google My Business guidelines.
- Make sure you only create one listing for a business or the duplications would be considered spam.
- Include more information as possible about your business.
Information you can consider adding that will make your listing more accurate are:
- Business name
- Business description
- Phone number
- Business category or industry
- Locations that you serve
- Business hours
- Products and services
- Verifying your listing or account is the last step in setting up your GMB.
If you are creating a new listing, you would need to verify the physical address you added through a postcard that Google will send to you via mail.
If you would like to claim an existing listing, you can do so by verifying through email or phone.
How To Improve Google Search Ranking: Simple Google Ranking Tips
There are so many ways that you can optimize your Google My Business profile and increase your listing.
After you have entered all necessary information and made sure they were all accurate and up-to-date, there are more steps to make before you can rank higher.
An important step is to always provide more information for your business.
Here are effective strategies you can start doing:
- Update and add information. Don’t be satisfied with what you have put in at the start. There is info like holiday hours, business hours, and photos that you can always update.
- Add a well-written description that will introduce your business to customers. Include relevant keywords for your business.
- Include up to 10 business categories.
- Add a logo, cover photos, and other photos to show what your business is all about.
- There are photo dimensions you need to follow like:
- Suggested photo dimensions: 250 x 250 pixels
- Suggested cover photo dimensions: 480 x 270 pixels
- Suggested Google post photos dimensions: 400 x 300 pixels. For higher resolution, use a 1200 x 900-pixel image to still have a 4:3 ratio.
- You have the chance to receive reviews on your Google My Business. It will help to respond to all reviews you get, no matter how good or bad they are.
- A good amount of customers turn to Google reviews and look at how business owners respond to concerns and praises.
- About 85 percent of customers trust online reviews more than they do personal recommendations.
- Update your Google My Business page regularly to show the activity of your business.
- You can post events, promos, and offers. This is a good opportunity to attract more customers.
- Remember that each post you make in your GMB will stay in Google Search and Maps for seven days.
- Don’t forget to list all of your services and products. This will help your customers know what you offer. Help them to see what services and products you have that other businesses do not have.
- There is an option for you to “utilize the knowledge card.” This will help you to show more information in searches.
- This information includes: business name, business type, business address, business hours, phone number, appointment link, website, photos, Google reviews, popular times to visit, related searches, products, and other social media accounts or profiles.
- Highlight other features or services you have in your business. Descriptions like “Free Wi-fi”, “Pet-friendly business”, payment methods. If you are a restaurant, you can also add menus, dress codes, outdoor seating, take-out or delivery options.
These steps are great Google My Business basics that can help you get a good start in Google Maps.
You can also rely on a local SEO expert to help you. Investing in these things can help you reach more people than you can do on your own.
Let Big Easy SEO help you take your business to the highest level today!
More from Big Easy SEO
How to Optimize Your Website for Increased Conversion
How Video Marketing Can Help Grow Your Business
Big Easy SEO is a web design, SEO, and digital marketing agency that strives to help small to medium-sized businesses boost their brand in the online market and search engines.
Our goal is to provide metrics, results, and services tailor-made to your business through a variety of strategies including search engine optimization (SEO), web design, and ads.