They say if you want to drive conversions and increase sales, use pay-per-click marketing.
More businesses are looking to implement cost-effective and profitable pay-per-click campaigns to help generate leads and increase revenue.
You might want to know how pay-per-click works. You’ve come to the right place. Let’s kick off with the basics of pay-per-click marketing.
What is Pay-per-click Marketing?
Pay-per-click is an advertising model that lets marketers place ads on an ad platform.
The marketers pay the owners of that platform every time their ad is clicked.
This marketing strategy is considered a method of purchasing targeted advertising space on an internet platform that takes advantage of organic search terms.
Social networking platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Twitter have also adopted pay-per-click marketing as one of their advertising models.
Strategies in a Pay-per-click Campaign
In digital marketing, a pay-per-click campaign is considered one marketing model that you can use to advertise your business.
You can make money with pay-per-click marketing that can be successful using these strategies:
Pay-per-click Keyword Research
The pay-per-click campaign is built around keywords, hence, keyword research is significantly important for it to be successful.
The process can be time-consuming, but it is all worth the effort.
Effective keyword research is a continuous process. This will ensure that you will not miss valuable, long-tail, low-cost, and highly relevant keywords that can drive traffic to your site.
A keyword list that is effective in increasing traffic has these criteria:
You can get paid per click and make money if you use keywords that are closely related to the offerings you sell. This works for both product and service.
PPC companies make money with pay-per-click advertising when they use long-tail keywords that are more specific and less common. These keywords add up to account for the majority of search-driven traffic and are less competitive, therefore, less expensive.
One strategy in using keywords is to always expand your keyword search. You should consistently refine and expand your keyword campaigns. Grow your keyword list constantly and find ways to adapt to the changes that happen in a search. Remember that the preferences of your audience constantly change as well.
Use Keyword Research Tools
There are a lot of keyword research tools that you can use to find high-volume, industry-specific keywords to use in your PPC campaigns.
These tools will make the process of searching relevant keywords more simplified:
- Google AdWords Keyword Planner
- Adword and SEO Keyword Permutation Generator
- Google Correlate
- IMforSMB Bulk Keyword Generator
- Keyword In
- Wordtracker Scout
- WordStream Free Keyword Tool
Manage Your Pay-per-click Campaigns Regularly and Wisely
If you want to be successful in managing the process of a PPC campaign, you should have regular account activity.
Manage your strategy regularly. Analyze the performance of your account and make necessary adjustments to optimize your campaigns.
Here is a guide on how you can make pay-per-click work:
- Add PPC keywords that are relevant to your business to expand the reach of your PPC campaigns. Keywords should be relevant to your landing page and offer. RElevant keywords increase the chance that each visit you pay for completes the form on the landing page.
- Create an attention-grabber title for your ads. The title has the greatest influence on an ad’s click-through rate. Include a keyword in the headline to draw the user’s attention to your ad. Practice dynamic keyword insertion.
- Add negative keywords or non-converting terms as part of your monitoring campaign to improve campaign relevancy and reduce wasted spend.
- Split up your ad groups into smaller and more relevant ad groups to help you create more targeted ad text and landing pages. This will help increase your click-through rate and quality score.
- Constantly review expensive or costly, under-performing keywords and shut them off if necessary.
- Modify and refine the content and call-to-action buttons on your landing pages to align with individual search queries. This will have a better impact on increasing your conversion rates. Your traffic should be directed to a landing page with a form on it.
A Guide On How Pay-per-click Works For Your Business
When you use pay-per-click advertising, your ads are subject to a bidding system known as the Ad Auction.
The Ad auction is an automated process followed by major search engines like Google.
The search engines determine the validity and relevance of the ads that appear on their SERPs (Search Engine Results Page).
As an advertiser, you bid on keywords that are relevant to your business. You can set the bid for how high up in the ad section of the search results you would like your ad to show. This will determine the cost per click of your ad.
The cost per click is the actual price that you pay for each click in your pay-per-click advertising campaign. It will depend on the keywords that you are bidding for.
In addition to the bid price, the quality score and ad extensions are taken into consideration when a search engine determines if your ad is suited for the highest position.
Each search engine has its own set of algorithm calculations that determines how the ads are displayed.
PPC companies offer pay-per-click packages that are very flexible.
You can choose to set a limited budget for each day, week, or month, and even freeze your service as you desire.
The ad space provider will take down your ad once the number of clicks reaches its limited amount which you budgeted.
Earn With Pay-per-click Advertising
When you want your pay-per-click campaign to succeed, you should first analyze site traffic and evaluate your web page.
Then, use the strategies provided earlier to properly place your pay-per-click ad.
With a PPC strategy in place, you can set up your ad budget and choose how much you will spend.
How much you pay for the cost per click is flexible depending on our needs and the response to your campaign. You get to adjust quickly once you know if PPC works for you or not.
If you’re looking to increase your PPC results, Big Easy SEO is the team for you. We use our broad range of skills and experience to achieve increased visibility and ROI. Contact us now to know more details!