If you want to rank high on Google in 2022, it is going to be more difficult than ever before. In this article, we are going to look at the most important ranking factors that will help you get to the top of the search engine results pages.
1. Stop Focusing on Things That Are Not Important
One of the most important things that you can do when it comes to SEO is to focus on the things that are actually going to matter. There are a lot of different ranking factors out there, but not all of them are equally important.
Some of them like:
- keyword density
- length of your content
- using LSI keywords
- getting social signals
are still important but not as much as they used to be.
The best way to figure out what is actually going to matter is to look at the ranking factors that Google has said are important. They have released a lot of information over the years about what they consider to be important ranking factors. If you focus on those factors, you will be in a much better position to rank high on Google.
2. Use Effective Title Tags and Headings
Title tags and headings are important for SEO because they help search engines understand what your page is about.
When you create a title tag, be sure to include your main keyword or phrase so that the search engine will know to rank your page higher when someone searches for that term. You should also use your main keyword or phrase in the heading of your page so that readers will know what they’re going to find when they read your content.
H1 or the heading is always visible on the search engine, so Google tends to give it more prominence. Minor details such as headings and title tags are commonly neglected, and they are not optimally optimized. This problem may be addressed by going through your past pages and adding heading titles to existing ones.
𝑵𝒐𝒕𝒆: 𝑬𝒂𝒄𝒉 𝒑𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝑯1 𝒕𝒂𝒈 𝒑𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒈𝒆.
3. User Experience
One of the most important aspects of SEO is making sure your website provides a good user experience.
This means ensuring that your website is:
- easy to use
- looks good on all devices
- and loads quickly.
You can also improve user experience by adding helpful content and features like videos and infographics.
The goal of SEO is to improve your website’s visibility in search engine results pages (SERPs). When a user lands on your website as a result of your SEO efforts, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘲𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯.
4. Search Intent Should Be Top of Your Mind
If you want your blog to rank well in a rank tracker tool, you have to create the type of content that people are looking for. SEO experts call this technique aligning blog content with search intent. It’s one of the things you need to do right if you want to boost traffic to your site.
To ensure your blog aligns with search intent, start by using the right keyword research tools. Look for terms that have high search volume and low competition. Also, make sure you understand the different types of searches people use.
There are four main types of searches:
- Informational: People who use these keywords are looking for information about a particular topic. For example, “SEO tips” is an informational keyword.
- Navigational: These keywords are used when people are looking for a specific website or brand. For example, “Big Easy SEO” is a navigational keyword.
- Transactional: People who use these keywords are looking to buy something. For example, “buy SEO services” is a transactional keyword.
- Commercial Investigation: These keywords are used when people are comparing products or services before making a purchase. For example, “SEO services reviews” is a commercial investigation keyword.
Keep these different types of searches in mind as you create content. Make sure each piece of content you create aligns with one of these types of searches.
Then, use the right keywords throughout your content so that it ranks well in search engines.
5. Constant Content Updation
One of the best ways to ensure that your website boosts traffic is to regularly update your content.
Updating All Your Existing Blog Posts
- Take a look at your most popular blog posts. These are the ones that have received the most traffic over the past year or so.
- Take a look at the date each of these posts was published. If any of them are more than a year old, then they definitely need to be updated.
- Simply go through each post and update it with new information, fresh data, and any relevant changes that have occurred since it was originally published.
Updating Your Images
- Replacing older images with newer ones, or adding new images to existing posts.
- Get creative with your image updates by using different types of graphics, infographics, and even videos to break up your text and add visual interest to your posts.
By regularly adding new and relevant content to your website, you can signal to search engines that your site is active and relevant, which will encourage them to continue to rank it highly.
Additionally, 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘭𝘴𝘰 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘵 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘷𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘦, 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘧𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘰𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘧𝘧𝘪𝘤 𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘴.
6. Use Mixed-Intent Keywords
When you’re targeting a keyword, make sure to use a mix of “intent” keywords. These are words that indicate what the user is looking for.
If you’re selling shoes, you might target the keyword “shoes,” but you should also target “buy shoes” and “shoes for sale.”
People searching for the latter two terms are further along in the buying cycle and are more likely to convert.
7. Optimize for Featured Snippets
- Identify the key points of your content that you want to highlight in a featured snippet.
- Use keyword-rich phrases and terms in those key points to help Google identify your content as relevant to a user’s search query.
- Structure your content in a way that makes it easy for Google to extract the key points and display them in a featured snippet.
- Try to target different types of featured snippets, such as lists, tables, and questions, to increase your chances of being featured.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest SEO news and changes to ensure you’re using the best tactics for featured snippet optimization.
8. Include FAQ Sections on Your Website
This will help your website visitors find the information they are looking for quickly and easily. You can also use this section to answer common questions that you receive from customers.
If you add structured data to your FAQs, your page may be eligible for a rich result. This can give you more space on the search engine results page (SERP) and may boost traffic to your website.
9. Include a Number of Internal Links to Important Pages
This will help Google and other search engines find and index your content more quickly and easily. Make sure to use keyword-rich anchor text for your internal links, as this will also help with SEO.
Rather than using a phrase such as “Read this article“, you should use an anchor text with the primary keyword for your post.
Adding a link will tell Google where to find the information you are referencing. Although Google does not give a specific number, adding a few links will help readers find more information on the same topic.
The most important thing is to make sure that all of your internal links are active and relevant. If you link to posts that are not related, it will confuse the search engines and distract your readers. Your focus when creating an internal link should always be on the user.
10. Build More Backlinks
To boost your website’s traffic, you need to build more backlinks.
This can be done by:
- submitting your website to directories
- writing guest posts on other blogs
- and leaving comments on relevant websites.
You should also make sure to include links back to your site in your social media profiles. By doing all of this, you’ll be able to increase the number of people who are aware of your site, which will eventually boost traffic to your website.
Search engine optimization (SEO) is a critical factor in helping you achieve your goals. However, if you don’t have the time to do all of the SEO tips listed above, that’s fine. Simply choose one or two that appear to be the easiest and begin there.
𝑷𝒆𝒐𝒑𝒍𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒖𝒄𝒄𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝑺𝑬𝑶 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏, 𝒔𝒐 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒔 𝒖𝒔𝒖𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈.
More From Big Easy SEO
Big Easy SEO is a web design, SEO, and digital marketing agency in New Orleans that strives to help small to medium-sized businesses boost their brand in the online market and search engines.
Our goal is to provide metrics, results, and services tailor-made to your business through a variety of strategies including search engine optimization(SEO), web design, online reputation management, and ads.