Local SEO can require a lot of muscling with all the competition building upon you.
How can you build up a loyal following of customers who are happy to recommend you to their family, friends, and colleagues in the community?
Can a local search blog help improve SEO for local businesses?
It may just be the key to better SEO rankings and presence.
Check out how you can turn SEO blogs into a marketing machine that will improve your website’s local SEO with this guide.
Setting Up and Optimizing Local Listings
The main local listings where you should place your business include:
- Google My Business (GMB)
- Bing Place for Business
- Yahoo Local
You don’t need any special skills to mark your place on these listings.
What’s important is that you optimize them and all information is complete.
Don’t miss a full description using keywords that people who are looking for your products and/or services are likely to search on.
Optimizing with high-quality images and videos will most likely get you ahead of your competitors.
Check the GMB guidelines for more.
Get Valuable Local Reviews With Your Local SEO Blogs
Top-performing local websites have a considerable number of Google Reviews.
Google reviews marketing is one of the key determining factors of being at the top of search results in local SERPs.
In fact, you can create one of the best local SEO blogs about these reviews.
Ask and direct people to your Google listing.
- Tell customers how to do it by explaining the process on your website
- Create a Google review link shortcut that enables your customers to get the review section of your Business Profile in just one step.
- Shorten your review shortcut using free link shorteners that allow you to even customize your links.
- Link out to your Google review page from your website by providing a clutter-free call to action that is easy to find.
- Create a Google reviews page on your website that is accessible from your main navigation menu containing both a CTA to write a review and existing reviews.
- Include a Google review CTA in your footer if you don’t have a designated page for reviews on your website.
- Create “leave us a review” cards with your shortcut link.
- Ask for Google reviews in person from customers who visited your store together with a compact little card that has the link to your review page on your website.
- Emphasize to customers how quick and easy it is to leave a Google review using phrases like “leave a review” or “drop a quick review”.
- Run a Google review email campaign with a fast and easy process of writing reviews.
- Include Google review opportunities in surveys while your customers are in the proper mindset.
- Ask for reviews on social media to support conversational marketing and transparency.
- Get Google reviews from vendors and partners who can attest to what it’s like to work with you on a regular basis.
- Respond to your existing Google reviews (both positive and negative) to let your potential reviewers know that you value their feedback.
- Create a review instruction video that will make it easier for your customers to see what the process looks like.
- Include your Google review link in our email signature especially if you communicate daily with your clients via email.
Set Up Optimal Blogs For Local SEO
Blogs that are optimized provide a solid bedrock for developing your online presence even across your social media pages.
You can add great content in one place and have it show up on your various social media pages.
- Use WordPress which has a lot of search engine optimization basics set up already. There are SEO experts who can help you make decisions about the various installation options that WordPress offers.
- Avoid themes that you can’t customize to remove and nofollow links to the designer’s site.
- Integrate your blog as part of your existing site by making it a dedicated subdirectory or setting it up as a subdomain.
- Avoid menu navigation systems that do not use SEO-friendly links.
- Incorporate author pages by including employee pages on your business site.
- Incorporate authorship markup that will reassure your users about the trustworthiness of your site. This will help your ages’ listings have greater visibility in the SERPs and increase your click-through rates.
- Perform SEO research and target future blog posts to your ideal keyword combinations. Make sure that your page titles and matching keywords URLs highlight these keywords.
- Include tag pages and related post links to enhance the topical keyword associations with your pages and provide readers with navigation that helps them find more similar content on your blog.
- Posting blogs once a day will work great for your website if you can keep up. However once a week is also good depending on your industry and your blogging capabilities.
- Mix up topics of your blog posts with interesting and outrageous things that happen in the news that are related to your business type.
- Start a conversation with another person’s blog from your industry and link to their piece so their readers can follow the thread and lead them to your site.
- Make your blogs a part of the local community posting things that are of particular interest to the people in your community like local happenings, local economic news, recommendations for partner businesses in the area, and the like.
- Plan a content calendar that will allow you to post seasonal blogs related to your business and area. You can include seasonal tips, special offers, how the changing season or holidays affect your products and/or services, and much more.
- Keep your blog posts succinct and easily digestible so that you can blog and publish your posts on a consistent basis.
Boost Your Local SEO with Relevant Blogs
Creating hyperlocal content that is specific to your exact area can give your business the local attraction it needs to survive and thrive.
There are many ways you can create local SEO blogs to increase your traffic and conversions.
Write blogs that highlight local festivals and tie in how your business will participate or how your business relates.
You can write about how your business is related to a local attraction that people search for online. You can write about your customers—their success stories using your products and/or services.
It also pays that you have a content marketing team that will maintain your blog and boost it into the local search.
Remember that even if you own a small business, you have something unique to offer and by publishing regular local SEO blogs about local events and things happening within your company, you will improve your local SEO success and get the results that you’ve been longing for from your digital marketing efforts.
Big Easy SEO is a web design, SEO, and digital marketing agency that strives to help small to medium sized businesses boost their brand in the online market and search engines.
Our goal is to provide metrics, results and services tailor made to your business through a variety of strategies including search engine optimization (SEO), web design, and ads.